Maybe I'll delete my lj. /fuck.
We debated the human genome project today in my bio anth class today. WTF? What is there to debate? One of the scientists in the short CNN film we watched called it the "Book of Life" and some stupid right wing religious christian girl in class brought up that the Bible is the book of life. Well, no. Because it tells you how to live your life, now why you live your life. There's a difference. And the bible is only the book of "life" for the Christians. The Ancient Egyptians had a different book of Life. Oh, and a book of Death. My second beef with the discussion? That another stupid woman in class brought up the fact that "well, what are doctors going to do with your DNA now that they've got it and can find out all these things from you?" Oh, trust me, hon, hemotologists have better things to do with their time than keep a drop of your blood to find out everything about you. I'm reminded of the movie "Gattaca." But seriously, I've been getting my arm pricked more than once a week (sometimes twice a day!) for the past year. No employee in their right mind (although that brings up a good point, "in their right mind") is going to keep your DNA.
And then the professor said "Next time you get an organ removed, ask where it goes. Ask if you can keep if if you're concerned with the medical professionals keeping your DNA." Holy fuck, nuh uh. What am I going to do, ask Jeff the Blood Drawing Nurse at Wilamette Valley Cancer Center on my next appointment on the nineteenth, "Hey, can I keep that needle? I'm afraid you're gonna do something evil with it." They have MUCH better things to do with their time than steal thousands of patient's blood from a gross used intravenous needle to learn evil things about me. Some people are just stupid.
I dunno, what do you all think?
Went to grab a beer with Dan and Dave about an hour ago (and yes, it's 2:30 in the afternoon) at the newly opened Art Museum on campus. hahahaha. We're a "dry" campus. I love it. And then I was gonna go to the career center and try to get a new job. That might just need to wait till tomorrow.
OMG having Harry Potter: PoA withdrawls, I really hope kelli shows up to chapter tonight to give it back to me!
Hmmm...should I write the rest of the fanfic that I didn't think I'd have such a good response to? Should I fill out the FAFSA? Should I work on my OHP app? Nah, I'll just leave you all with a meme... (stolen from the_duke who stole it from mirawhisperwind:
1. Who are you?
2. Are we friends?
3. When and how did we meet?
4. How have I affected you?
5. What do you think of me?
6. What's the fondest memory you have of me?
7. How long do you think we will be friends?
8. Do you love me?
9. Do you have a crush on me?
10. Would you kiss me?
11. Would you hug me?
12. Physically, what stands out?
13. Emotionally, what stands out?
14. Do you wish I was cooler?
15. On a scale of 1-10, how hot am I?
16. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
17. Am I loveable?
18. How long have you known me?
19. Describe me in one word.
20. What was your first impression?
21. Do you still think that way about me now?
22. What do you think my weakness is?
23. Do you think I'll get married?
24. What makes me happy?
25. What makes me sad?
26. What reminds you of me?
27. If you could give me anything what would it be?
28. How well do you know me?
29. When's the last time you saw me?
30. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
31. Do you think I could kill someone?
32. Are you going to put this on your LiveJournal and see what I say about you?